– General Information about ASSA
– General Conditions
– SUGESE Registration Information
SUGESE Registration Colones
SUGESE Registration Dollars
– Claims Procedure:
In the event of a claim, please notify us at: [email protected]. To process a claim for coverage, please call 2503-2772 and in case of Client Service, 2503-2710.
The Contracting Party must send to the Company the formal claim in writing detailing the following information:
- Letter from the Contracting Party requesting indemnity indicating the amount, the date of occurrence of the event, and a printout of the card blocking record.
- In case of theft, loss, or fraud of the card abroad, the Contracting Party shall provide a copy of the report filed by the Insured Party with the corresponding authority and a complete photocopy of the Insured Party’s passport.
- Letter signed by the Insured Party explaining the events occurred in order to determine the cause, manner, place, time, magnitude of the damage, and any other relevant characteristic of the loss.
- Proof of payment by credit card or, in its absence, the statement of account showing the purchase and date (requirement applicable only to coverages “A” and “B”).
- Letter issued by the store where the property was purchased stating that the damage was caused by the accident indicated and that it does not correspond to manufacturing defects that should be covered by the warranty (requirement applicable only for coverage “B”).
- Invoice of expenses incurred for the restitution of personal documents, this payment would be by reimbursement (requirement applicable only for coverage “C”).
- Details of other insurances covering the suffered loss.
- Copy of the document that identifies the Insured Party, such as the identification card of the natural person or legal entity, as well as the qualities of the Insured Party.
– Provider Network
– Premium amounts and payment procedures
The premium is annual and may be paid as a one-time payment or in monthly or semi-annual installments.
Plans are as follows:
Payments are charged directly to the card that is active with the Self-Insurance Operator.
– Fractional Premiums
The premium is annual and may be paid in one lump sum or in monthly installments. There is no surcharge for payment in installments.
– Client Statement
– Right of Reply:
ASSA undertakes to respond to all claims, petitions, or requests by means of a reasoned resolution and when appropriate in writing, in the form agreed upon for such purpose, within a maximum term of thirty calendar days, counted from the receipt of all claim documents.
– Insurance Requirements:
- Personal information
- Age between 18 and 65 years old. Policyholders who reach the age of 65 will have differentiated (increased) rates.
- Must be cardholder(s) of the Bank of Costa Rica
– Grace Period
A grace period of sixty (60) calendar days is granted for the payment of the premium on any due date, regardless of the frequency of payment, except the first one. Failure to pay during the grace period shall automatically terminate the insurance contract.
– Immediate Acceptance
The client obtains coverage from the moment of issuance of the insurance certificate and payment of the corresponding premium.
– Periodicity of Insurance Validity
Annual from the issuance of the insurance certificate
– Right of Withdrawal
– Deadline for accepting or rejecting risk
The insurance conditions have been given. By taking out the policy, the client accepts such conditions and declares that he/she complies with the insurance requirements and does not fall under any exclusion of the policy.